THE FIRST INDIAN TRADE EXPO TAKES PLACE FROM 25th-26th OCTOBER 2017 IN STRATEGIC PARTNERSHIP WITH ABU DHABI CHAMBER OF COMMERCE TO MAXIMISE TRADE BETWEEN INDIA AND THE UAE.
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates, xx September 2017: Abu Dhabi will host the first India Trade Expo 2017, in strategic partnership with Abu Dhabi Chamber of Commerce and support of the Embassy of India, to maximise trade and business opportunities between India, the UAE and MENA region from the 25th-26th October 2017.
India Trade Expo 2017, hosted at Abu Dubai National Convention Centre is the first dedicated sector-wide marketing event for Indian companies to support on-going collaboration between India and the UAE to increase two-way trade by 60 per cent in the next five years. Economic sources are expecting the value of trade exchanges between the UAE and India to hit $100 billion by 2020, and India Trade Expo 2017 will assist in accelerating this growth and showcase the ease of doing business in the UAE for Indian companies.
Abdullah Al Qubaisi, deputy director-general of the Abu Dhabi Chamber, stated: ‘As part of the first Business Week to be held in Abu Dhabi, India Trade Expo will provide Indian companies with the opportunity to meet investors, establish new business partnerships with trade buyers and decision makers from the UAE and the GCC. We look forward to welcoming companies from across India to Abu Dhabi and India Expo 2017.’
Vimitha Deepak, CEO of the Indian Business and Professional Council, in support of the event, added: ‘India is one of the primary trading partners of the UAE accounting for about 9.2 per cent of the total imports by the UAE. India Trade Expo 2017 will be a celebration of the longstanding trade between the two nations. We believe this event will greatly support the work we do with many Indian businesses in the UAE and we look forward to meeting new companies attending the event to explore vast opportunities for trade across the region.’
Qaboos Khalid, Director of India Trade Expo 2017, added: ‘The event will be held at the Abu Dubai National Convention Centre and will target visitors including buyers, investors, distributors and sellers with exhibitors across multiple sectors. Visitors to the event as part of the first business week to be held in Abu Dhabi will also have access to the International Franchise Show and the Smart Business Expo, an SME focused business forum and solutions exhibition.’
Visit www.indiaexpouae.com for further information.
For media enquiries, interview requests or further information, please contact Victoria Johnson ONE PR part of the ONE COMMUNICATIONS & MARKETING GROUP www.onecmg.com firstname.lastname@example.org or call +972569327530
NOTE TO EDITORS:
- In January 2017, following meetings between Prime Minister Narendera Modi and Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi Sheikh Mohammed Bin Zayed Al Nahyan it was announced that the two nations would collaborate closely on trade and new areas of trade with the aim of increasing bilateral traced by 60 per cent in the next 5 years.
- India is considered to be a primary trading partner of the UAE, accounting for about 9.8 per cent of its total non-oil trade. India is also the largest importer of goods from the UAE, buying about 14.9 per cent of that country’s exports and about 8.7 per cent of its re-exports, becoming the UAE’s second-largest market in the latter category.
- India ranks third among countries that export to the UAE, accounting for about 9.2 per cent of the total imports by the UAE.
- The total volume of foreign trade between the two countries was $60 billion in 2014, making the UAE India’s primary trade partner in the Middle East and North Africa.
- Economic sources expect the value of trade exchanges between the UAE and India to hit $100 billion by 2020.
- The United Arab Emirates is the largest investor in India from the Arab World.